Air Quality Testing

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) studies indicate that indoor levels of pollutants may be two to five times - and occasionally more than 100 times - higher than outdoor levels.

The living space of a House or RV is very vulnerable to high humidity levels, mould, gas emissions, insufficient ventilation and build-up of gases. An overlooked indoor environment can initiate mould and cause serious health issues. 

The inspection includes an examination and analysis of the following items. 

RELATIVE HUMIDITY

The amount of water vapour (humidity) in the air can affect your health, comfort and the structural integrity of your home and its contents.
(Source: Government of Canada website, canada.ca)

MOLD SPORES

Children, seniors and people with medical conditions (like asthma and severe allergies) are more vulnerable to mould. Since some people are more sensitive than others, there is no "safe" limit for mould.
(Source: Government of Canada website, canada.ca)

FORMALDEHYDE 

Formaldehyde, commonly found in indoor air, can cause irritation of the eyes, nose and throat and can worsen asthma symptoms, especially in children.
(Source: Government of Canada website, canada.ca)

VOLATILE ORGANIC COMPOUNDS

Short-term exposure to high levels of some Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) can cause breathing problems, irritation of the eyes, nose, throat and headaches. Some people may be more sensitive, such as people with asthma.
(Source: Government of Canada website, canada.ca)

CARBON MONOXIDE

At low levels of carbon monoxide, effects include flu-like symptoms, such as tiredness, headaches, shortness of breath, impaired motor functions such ad muscle weakness, and partial or total loss of function of a body part (limb or limbs). If you are exposed to low levels for long periods of time, you can experience dizziness, chest pain, poor vision and difficulty thinking.
(Source: Government of Canada website, canada.ca)

CARBON DIOXIDE

Low concentrations of carbon dioxide are not harmful. Higher concentrations can affect respiratory function and cause excitation followed by depression of the central nervous system.
(Source: Government of Canada, CCOHS website)

GAS LEAKS

A natural gas leak in an outdoor environment is usually not concentrated enough to cause symptoms. A leak into a small-enclosed space can result in a lack of oxygen in the air and symptoms of hypoxia. These include headache, decreased vision, fatigue, shortness of breath and loss of consciousness.
(Source: BC Drug and Poison Information Centre - DPIC)

>> Questions & Answers

>> Return to MAIN Page


Have questions? Call us at (778) 241-2800 or Email Us